Sheffield Health and Social Care Trust (SHSC) are looking for people with experience of using mental health services to join their new Service Users Engagement Group (SUSEG).
SUSEG is a new group being set up in SHSC to:
• Help improve the quality of service user experience and improve ways we ask people about the services they use
• Help improve the quality of all services SHSC offer
• Help staff and service users work together
• Make sure that service users are involved in designing services that meet their needs, by collaborating with staff at all levels including the Board of Directors to develop new ways of working
SHSC are looking for service users or carers to work with staff in one of the four project areas listed below:
1. Making sure that all service user and cares voices and experiences are heard
2. Looking at better ways of staff, service users and carers work together
3. Developing peer support across the organisation
4. Changing the way we work so that service users and carers are involved in all aspects of their care (this is known as the “Recovery” principle)
How much time would you have to commit? There would be a minimum of two hours per month to attend a meeting and a little bit of time for reading meeting papers beforehand or telling us what you think by telephone, email or in writing.
If you need help to complete the form or would like more information please contact The Service User and Experience Monitoring Unit on 0114 226 3367. Otherwise just post it back free to: FREEPOST SHSC NHS FOUNDATION TRUST (FAO SUEMU), Old Fulwood Road, S10 3TG or email it to Tania.firstname.lastname@example.org